Farmers Market Grants
AgGeorgia Farm Credit has designated $5,000 to help local farmers markets promote their markets in 2021.
Farmers markets are great for stimulating local economies, providing access to fresh and healthy food, and preserving our rural living and farmland. AgGeorgia will award five $1,000 grants to qualifying markets.
To be eligible for the grant, markets must be in AgGeorgia’s 79 county territory, be open at least 8 days during a 2-month period, and at least 50% of the vendors - five being the minimum - must sell agricultural products. The grant money should be used to advertise or promote the market while incorporating AgGeorgia’s logo.
All grant applications need to be submitted by May 15.
To qualify for this grant, each applying farmers market must:
- Be located in our 79-county Association territory
- Open a minimum of 8 days during a 2-month period.
- Have at least 50% of the vendors, with a minimum of 5, selling agricultural products.
- Agree to participate in promotional opportunities with AgGeorgia Farm Credit (i.e. – story for local newspapers and our Leader Magazine, visit from news media, etc.).
- Include a detailed plan that incorporates the AgGeorgia Farm Credit logo or mentions AgGeorgia’s name in your promotion. Plans that do not include AgGeorgia will not be considered for our grant program.
- Complete the online application by 5:00 p.m., May 15, 2021. Entries received after that date will be disqualified.
- Who We Are
- Board of Directors
- Patronage Refund Program
- Financial Reports
- Scholarships & Internships
- Farmers Market Grants